Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Back to the gym (or so I thought).

After a week off I finally returned to the gym this morning. The alarm went off at 5 AM. I overcame the desire to stay in bed. The fact that I woke up at 2:48 AM and really didn't go back to sleep made the desire to stay in bed even more powerful. I crawled out of bed and got dressed. Kissed Bella, grabbed my keys and headed out the door. Tossed my clothes & gym bag in the car, connected my Zen, cued up Sharaz's remix of Robin Fox's "I See Stars" and headed up 85. 15 minutes later I'm at the gym and I notice that I have grabbed the wrong set of keys. I go to a 24 hour gym and I use an access card to get in during non-business hours. I checked my purse, my gym bag, the console, nothing. Frustrated, I headed back home. As I was headed back down PIB, I noticed another member pulling in. Ha! That was my salvation. He usually takes 5 or so minutes to get his stuff settled before he actually walks into the gym. I pull up to the traffic light to bust a u-turn and wouldn't you know it, I don't get a turn signal. He's already inside by the time I get back to the gym. So I head back home annoyed, but not defeated. Dawn is breaking and it's light enough to run through my neighborhood. Heading south on 85 I notice how beautiful Atlanta is at dawn. It looks peaceful...deception at it's best. Future blog about my love/hate relationship with living in the city to come. Anyway, I back into my drive, grab my Zen and start my run. My neighorhood is great for running; lots of hills, gardenias everywhere, mild traffic. Everyone smiles as you pass, lots of cultural diversity. I round the corner street, head down hill then force myself up Vista Trail. Up being the keyword there. There's a house on Vista Trail that looks like it should be in the middle of the desert. It's gorgeous. If I could have any house in my neighborhood, it would be that one. I pass by it and sigh. Head up another hill and on home. I open my passenger door to grab my bag and clothes and it's then that I see them. My set of keys with the access card. Somehow they managed to conveniently hide under my ass! Oh well, at least I got to enjoy the scent of gardenias this morning as opposed to sweat.

No comments: